Monday 28 February 2011

A late Valentine

I declare my undying love for the brain of Daniel Pink.

Just as once again I was becoming tempted by the dark side of career change (the fruitless and joy sapping search for my passion or perfect path etc) his article popped into my inbox reminding me of an understanding I had right at the beginning of the process.  It may work for some people but a eureka moment of blinding inspiration is not what I seek or expect.  That's not how I work.  I tried for that moment for quite a long time and became frustrated and upset with myself for failing.

Anyway, read his article, it is perfect for me and anyone else in the career change process who's a bit of a pragmatist and who inwardly groans when asked that super unhelpful question "What's your passion?".

http://www.danpink.com/archives/2011/02/the-case-against-passion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome