Sunday 13 February 2011

"Reality" vs God Will Provide

Reality = my annual mortgage statement which plopped through my letterbox this weekend.  Cue... panic, reality check, rebudgeting (no different from the old budget, I can still last the year on part time work), the words of sceptical friends and family ringing in my ears.  The weight of responsibility.  The sucking away of joy at the thought of having to give up and go back. The pressure to find "it", the way of living and working that is satisfying and fun.

God will provide = Chapter 5 of The Artist's Way.  Isn't it a wonderfully appealing thought, that if we are willing to admit what we really want and go for it, the world will move to meet and help us on our way?

I'm going to have to stick my fingers in my ears and go "la, la, la" for a bit to recover my enthusiasm and loosen up enough to find my way again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome